Risk Analysis: Does the risk outweigh the opportunity?
Turn the coin over
Risk and opportunity are opposite faces of the same coin, so it’s vital to turn the coin over. Without a sound evaluation of the risks associated with a technology or venture, you could be ill-equipped to manage, mitigate or avoid risks, which could limit its value or success.
Consider the impact on value
When assessing an opportunity’s potential value, knowing the associated risks and limitations is crucial. Consider this: without a sound view of the risks involved, how will you anticipate the problems or gaps that could limit realisation of the opportunity’s full value?
Gain two perspectives
By bringing two perspectives to risk analysis – technical and commercial – Corelli Consulting provides you with a broader, deeper insight into a venture’s risk. This insight reduces the likelihood of unwelcome surprises as the venture progresses and has a flipside; deep insight can also uncover unexpected opportunities.
Be sure of broad experience
Corelli Consulting specializes in bio-manufacturing and bio-industry - from industrial enzymes, chemicals and plastics, energy and fuels, to food, food ingredients and nutraceuticals. We also work in biomedical with medical devices, diagnostics, drug development and stem cell therapies.
Our approach leverages our technology and commercial skills, and our deep understanding of supply and value chains from feedstock to final product. Our experience in working on both sides of the coin – opportunity and risk assessment – will provide you with the peace of mind of a thorough assessment of your venture.
Read how our Risk Assessment formed a key role in evaluating a new technology for this Food Producer .
Risk Analysis: our approach
Our approach is to:
- Understand the technology, the stage of development, substantiating evidence, and the process and scale required for commercial production;
- Identify competitors with existing or upcoming technology;
- Assess the relevant market sector for impeding changes or trends;
- Review all steps in the supply and value chains, as well as inputs and outputs to those chains
- Understand the skill, capability and capacity (both human and equipment infrastructure) within the company;
- Identify, weight and prioritise risks, gaps, limitations, hurdles and challenges; and
- Define strategies to address, manage, mitigate or avoid those risks, gaps, limitations, hurdles and challenges
….she developed a deep understanding of our market place, its dynamics and levers…and provided us with an excellent and detailed report covering not only the company’s future and its opportunities in the longer term, but also about the current hurdles we faced executing our short term goals.
What she provided was clear, easily understood and executable.."
Post-consumer Materials Recycler
Investment PitchDOWNLOAD »