Investment Readiness: Is the company ready to attract investors?
A thorough assessment of a new technology’s or platform’s investment readiness is an important checkpoint on the road to commercialisation. Whether you’re an IP holder looking for investors or an investor looking for a promising technology, this checkpoint is an essential part of the commercialisation process and will avoid serious disappointment down the track.
The assessment of Investment Readiness is carried out from a commercial perspective, and must answer such important questions as:
- Is the company ready for investment - and have the important issues been addressed?
- Who is the end user for the technology or products – and where are the biggest markets?
- What are the key development or commercialisation milestones – and how much cash and time are needed to reach each?
- How long will it take before you might expect returns from your investment?
Find the gaps
A thorough assessment of Investment Readiness may uncover areas needing more work before the technology or a venture can attract investors. A gap analysis is useful in this context, as it will expose weaknesses in the business case and commercialisation plan. When assessing a new technology platform for investment readiness, Corelli Consulting focuses on key questions potential investors will ask, such as:
- Company structure: who owns the company – and are there performance shares or options?
- Executive team: what are its credentials and experience?
- IP portfolio: how secure and how well protected is the venture IP?
- Milestones: how realistic is the timeline, and how much margin for error is built-in?
- Products: nature and stage of development, including clinical trials if applicable
- Revenue: how long before a revenue stream can be generated?
- The end game: out licensing, IPO, other? What are the expectations?
Ultimately, a new technology has to be more than investment-ready: it has to be investment worthy as well. To address that point, we offer comprehensive Technology Assessment and Commercial Opportunity Analysis.
Read what clients say about us, browse our success stories or give us a call to discuss the investment readiness of your technology or venture.
….she developed a deep understanding of our market place, its dynamics and levers…and provided us with an excellent and detailed report covering not only the company’s future and its opportunities in the longer term, but also about the current hurdles we faced executing our short term goals.
What she provided was clear, easily understood and executable.."
Post-consumer Materials Recycler
Investment PitchDOWNLOAD »